Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Camera


I was crazy today and drove up to the big mall to purchase a new camera with all three kids in tow.  Sabine is going to crawl any day now and I do not want to miss it because of the camera being on the fritz, plus the new camera takes video...  Could come in handy!

I've been playing with the new camera and, I am not so happy.  The image colors come out dark.  Bleached a bit and heavy on the black around the edges and in the shadows, I don't like it.  I do like that the images seem crisper.  The macro function is bumming me out.  It isn't a strong feature in this camera and I'm wondering if I can live without it.  I've called Sony customer service to try to figure out if I've been doing something wrong, or is this just the way the macro works in this camera.  The gal didn't help much. 

The new camera I purchased is the Sony Cyber-shot HX5V and I thought that moving from one Cyber-shot to the next, a new and improved one at that, was the smart thing to do.  Now I'm not so sure.  I have 14 days to bring it back.  I plan to try and play with all the modes, settings and functions, take lots of pics and hopefully come to a decision I can live with.  All this is bumming me out.  I just want it all to go back to normal, and let me take the sort of pictures, with all the colors, that I like!






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: