Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Choices





We love our yard. It has a very unique shape so that it has many different areas within it. This can be interesting and beautiful. It is also a lot of work. I still enjoy working in the yard, don't get me wrong. It's just that around 3pm today as I surveyed the tasks that I had completed it wasn't so impressive. I've been working my tail off outside and I'm not sure anyone would have a clue as to what I've done. There is no end to the amount of work needed to keep our jungle of a property in line. My house needs a complete spring cleaning on the inside. I feel torn between continuing with the yard work and my spring cleaning chores. The yard is winning the battle at the moment. I am dividing beds of flowers and plants which must be done now. They seem to be growing an inch or two each evening and soon it will be too late to divide them. I also want to put in some seeds for salad greens and other summer vegetables.

Hugo is an outside boy. In the morning, once I tell him we need to hurry and get dressed so that we can go outside, he comes running. Before going out the door we sit on the steps and pull on our boots. He loves, loves his boots. They are by far his favorite article of clothing. He can now say "boot" and "pull". He doesn't yet get that there are rocks in the garden for walking on. He sorta makes his own paths. Zig zags this way and that as I quietly freak out over my baby plants being trampled by his camo boots. I've tried over and over to explain how fun it can be to hop from rock to rock. Hugo has translated this to mean from plant to plant.

No comments: