Friday, February 19, 2010

Marge & Tiger

I called my Grandma Marge on the phone this morning. She was funny. After we had said our hello and how are you's to one another, she informed me that she wouldn't be able to chat for long. She was anticipating the Tiger Woods press conference.

Huh? Could she be serious, I wondered?! She is 85, a conservative, a good cook and baker, a gardener, a liker of 5 o'clock martinis, a smart dresser, a decorator, a collector, a bird house painter, a planner, a thinker and a doer, a grandmother of 11, a great-grandmother of 21 plus two on the way, a lover of all things Halloween, a Door County trip maker, a world traveler, a Broadway Musical lover, a recent Bridge Club drop out and well, not like any other grandmother I've ever, ever met. Ever.

Me: Grandma, are you still into Tiger, even after all his stepping out business?

G. Marge: Why sure. I'm just sad he didn't stop by, for a visit with me!



No comments: