Saturday, August 2, 2008

Poppa Love

Hugo was very excited to see his Poppa today. This past week was the first week in which Hugo asked for his Poppa. He turns my phone on all the time so that he can see the photo I have as my screen saver of Cesar and himself. He'll point and say, "Poppa, Me!" I'm thinking of making him his very own little photo album with pictures of his Poppa, the dogs, Vovo, Grandma, cousins, friends and the pool. All his favorites. Maybe it could turn into an ABC book somehow or other?? I'll have to play around with the idea I guess.





Hugo loves, loves, loves to eat peanuts freshly cracked out of their shells with his Poppa. I'll only eat peanuts if they're honey roasted. I do like peanut butter. Cesar likes honey roasted peanuts. Cesar hates peanut butter. Can't even stand the smell of it. Hugo and I love to share a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.



Every year these crazy giant mushrooms grow under the pines. Cesar thinks we should slice them thin and fry them up. Mushroom fries. Yum or Yuck? I'm leaning toward ... are these mushrooms even edible??? Silly husband.



We three made a dump run together. Cesar does all the work for us. Hugo and I hang in the truck and watch all the action through the windows. I'm always surprised at how busy the dump is. Always busy.

Not a lot is blooming in the garden but these flowers here. Every year I tell myself that I'm going to do some plant research to find out what blooms in August. Haven't done it tho.

Banana Bread! I love my banana bread. The delicious baked goodness of bananas, vanilla, coconut and pecans filled the house. I had a hard time waiting for the loaves to cool. I like my banana bread piping cool from the fridge!

5 comments:

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Daphne wants to say, "Those are the biggest mushrooms I have ever seen my whole entire life." I want to say that too. Are those for real? Those are precious pictures of Hugo and his Poppa. Daphne does not believe that this man in these pictures are Uncle Cesar. She said Uncle Cesar wears glasses. Mmmmm...Banana Bread. I love it hot! Especially after Fast Sunday today. Everything looks divine.

KristyKay said...

Who is that sleepy-eyed big guy? It looks as though poor Cesar could drop in a heap. Better get some pillows ready! But they are so cute together...I miss you Cesar!!

Shaka said...

that is a HUGE mushroom!

millie said...

Those mushrooms are crazy! I've never seen them so HUGE! You should totally find out if they're edible or not, someone's got to know...maybe ask at a local college.

Your banana bread is making my mouth salivate. We got home from vacation late last night and our house is empty of food....I might have to come over and get some grub!

Audra said...

My kids and I are amazed at the huge mushrooms. Very cool. Very sweet moments captured with Hugo and Cesar, too.

I almost forgot about banana bread! Adia would bake all day if I let her! We have some bananas that would be ready to offer themselves up for the cause right about now, too!