Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blue Skies

I was folding laundry this morning as Hugo played and chatted away next to me. He asked me, "What doing?" repeatedly. I answered that I was folding laundry, folding laundry, folding laundry - over and over. Finally I asked him what he was doing. Hugo answered, "Playing trucks!" Words are popping out of his mouth at such a quick rate now. He is a little mimicing parrot. Some days I feel like we've been magicly transported into a Max & Ruby cartoon and I'm Ruby and guess who is Max . . .


We are still working on colors with our Mr Hugo. Yellow sounds like "yeyo", green is "geen", purple comes out like "purkle", red is "wed", black sounds like "back". White, pink, blue and orange sound just as they should. He loves talking about colors. He brings his Eric Carle books to me often and says, "Book!" It is so nice having him climb up on my lap so as to share a good book together. It's a time for me to get in some much desired snuggles and kisses with my busy boy child.




1 comment:

KristyKay said...

I'm so very glad that you are finding joy in the tiny, wee things life has to offer. Truly, that is where the beauty of life is found. Memories are stored there...forever I hope. Love You...