Monday, March 15, 2010

Open House

I went to Hugo's Preschool Open House tonight.  It was an evening to meet parents and kids from your child's class and to check out their room.  The teachers also hoped that we'd register for next fall.

I loved walking around Hugo's classroom seeing his name here and there.  They had check off lists with all the kids names for things like who was the class leader for the day and who held the flag for the pledge of allegiance that day.  I had no idea that Hugo knew the pledge of allegiance.  I went right home and asked him all about it!  I said, "Hugo, you know how to say the pledge of allegiance?!"  He replied with a big smile on his face, "Yeaaahh!" in a voice that sounded like - duh Mom.  I thought it was totally cool that our young son knew how to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.  Its been so long since I said the words myself, that I really had to think about them.  Oops!

No comments: