Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hugo

A few things Hugoish...

The other night Hugo and I cuddled on the couch together watching The Backyardigans, exciting times let me tell you. Out of the blue, Hugo pressed the back of my hand to his cheek, then kissed it and said, "Momma, I'm going to marry you." Sigh.

Hugo received the above Big Brother sticker from my friend Penelope. He hasn't wanted to take it off since.

A few Sundays ago, we were late for church. Really late. Cesar tempted me with donuts and just as we were about to pull into the Church parking lot, I caved. Church was aborted for a new destination of Dunkin' Donuts. We didn't plan to skip out on all of church, just a few minutes more! Hugo about fainted in the back seat. What were we doing??! He did not want a donut. Did not care how many sprinkles we promised would be on top of his donut. Why were we not going to church??! Hugo did eat his donut. Licked his fingers clean he did. Then he couldn't hurry us along to church fast enough!

I nursed the girls in bed this morning with my eyes shut tight, hoping for a few more minutes of sleep. Hugo sat beside us talking away, a mile a minute about one thing and the next. Then he asked, "Remember Momma, when we went on the boat and we saw the elephants and hippos and tigers and lions? Remember Momma? Papa wasn't there. Do you remember that Momma?" My eyes popped open as my brain raced backwards... I did remember that boat trip. We really did see elephants and hippos, tigers and lions while we sat on a boat floating along on a river in Disneyland... a YEAR ago! Our son has been displaying quite the memory powers of late.

No comments: