Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Night


Thing 3 and her family will be moving out west soon, so this Halloween will be our last spent pounding the candy pavement together.  Hugo could not wait to drive over to her house tonight.  He was beginning to drive me bananas, no batty, no crazy!  Hee, hee!





We borrowed a skunk costume from Ruth Ann for Miss Marlo,  Little Stinker was (lovingly) stitched across her tush.  Sabine ended up being a cow.  I say ended up, because my creativeness froze this year and I had nothing.  The lamb idea was cute, but I couldn't convince Cesar or Hugo to play along, plus I was worried about keeping the girls warm while strolling through the neighborhood.  So, 15 minutes before we were to begin trick-or-treating, Cesar raced us to Target in search of a costume for poor, neglected Sabine.  Target had nothing.  I ran through the mall to Old Navy while Cesar circled the outside of the building with the kids in the van.  Old Navy had nothing.  NOTHING!  I was ready to dress her in her jammies and call in a night, but not Cesar.  He drove us to a Halloween store located nearby where my choice was between a cow and a bare shouldered Sleeping Beauty.  So my baby girls were a skunk and a cow for their first Halloween.  Think they'll complain later on?







Hugo and Thing 3 held hands through much of their neighborhood trolling.  In the beginning, they had some trouble because of Hugo's hands being tucked into his warm monkey mitts.  Like all good friends, in the end, they made it work.










Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Shaka said...

you got a lot of good pictures-as usual! and if the girls ever complain-tell marlo she deserved it ;)!

Audra said...

All the kids are adorable!! I think the Skunk/Cow thing worked out because the Twin Girls are both Black & White animals. They kinda match, but still have their own animal identity! lol :) (I can't believe my kids have escaped being a Cow by now)