Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Was Vacuuming...


I was trying to be a good housewife by running the vacuum throughout the house.  I moved furniture, organized the toys, matched all the boots and little shoes by the front door, I was doing my job.  It felt good and looked good and, I was thirsty.  Rounding the corner from the dining room into the kitchen I suddenly knew why an open house floor plan has become so popular with families.  My goodness, these two girls of mine make Hugo look like an angel.  Quick as hummingbirds they were.  They've been dying to destroy my baking drawer for months.  Today was my lucky day.  I swear, once I saw the two of them with that drawer open and flour splattered about, my eyes blazed red.  Miraculously I stopped short in my tracks of utter anger and listened to a giggling voice in my head which told me to run and get my camera.  I took these few shots and then yelled, "GET OOOUUUTTT!"  They high tailed it out of the kitchen in mere fractions of a second.






4 comments:

Lizzie Bingham said...

You have more patience than me. I have a terrible temper I'm finding out.

Alissa Nicolau said...

I really did see red. They have just been everywhere! Quick as thieves. Deep breaths I keep telling myself!

Audra said...

Sometimes all you can do is laugh...and get the camera. It's always funnier, later anyway! I have a blog post a couple years back when my John quietly dumped a whole bag of flour (and again a couple months later!). The girls are double trouble! :)

KristyKay said...

I was wondering when they would discover that drawer!
It is at such an attractive height and oh-so-easy to open and pillage. Perhaps they should discover that the wonderful cookies you make come from there...and if they mess about too much they might disappear.
Good Luck!