Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chainsaw Time


Our Labor Day weekend began with yard work.  Cesar chopped up the fallen tree and in the process decided to cut/hack/wack and chainsaw a path through the wild rose hedge to the neighbors.  It was a big job.  Hugo and his little pal Sevren have been running the long way around the yard to play with each other.  I'm a tad nervous that the girls have a new escape hatch out of the safety of our yard, but we'll see how it goes.  Next summer we are putting up a fence for sure, Miss Trouble and Troublette will be running major circles around me I'll bet.  Please pray for me.

While Cesar worked, the rest of us played, and we played for most of the day in our jammies!  But as the day progressed, and it was time for me to start dinner, the girls were all up in my hair being whiny and slap hitting each other (Marlo is Queen of Slap Hitting and Sabine is a Biter.  Lovely times, lovely times.)  Outside I went to plead with Cesar for back up.  He said he needed to finish his work cleaning up the tree mess.  I wanted to cry, I was burnt out.  And then my sweet husband offered that if I would let him finish his job, and give him time to shower, he'd take us all out to eat at Mrs Lucy's.  Done deal and it was yummy in my tummy and just the change of pace I needed.

Eating out with the girls is an experience.  Both girls need highchairs, of course.  But one of those highchairs must have a working buckle lock or we might as well just order take out and call the evening quitsville because Sabine is a Houdini wanna be and will be out of her highchair in mere seconds and off and running.  Tonight Hugo and Sabine were angels and Marlo was twisted.  In the end, she settled and all worked out.  I even finished my steak.






















No comments: