Friday, June 24, 2011

Sounds of Home


The girls were playing happily with Carly in the sandbox when my Dad began to mow the lawn.  Marlo jumped up looking toward the sound she knew so well, and began waving and waving as she called out, "Papa, Papa, Papa!"  Both girls were surprised and bewildered to see my Father ride past them on the mower.  Sounds of home.

My sister Millie is giving me mini lessons on using my new camera, today I shot in "m".  It was exciting!  And hard.














































5 comments:

Anonymous said...

M is hard for sure, when I first started I would take the shot in maual and then take another in my fall back AV or preset person mode that way I knew that if I screwed up the manual I still had a fallback photo. Cameras are FUN!

Unknown said...

OK, I totally want a popsicle right now. :)

Read my Father's Day post... it may bring back a long lost memory... tee hee. After you read it and you still don't know what I'm talking about let me know. ;)

Lizzie Bingham said...

I love all the photos of the kids in your recent posts. It made me wish we had the boys and could have stayed longer... but even throwing 4 more people into the mess would have been sheer madness.

Unknown said...

Ha ha! I was a crazy awful driver, and I was so nervous that day. I finally told him a few years after Heidi was born. He knew it wasn't a hit and run. LOL I'll have to ask my dad about the beer tent thing... I can see him doing that though. Parents liked you a lot. I posted a pic of dad and his ice auger... I didn't post more of him because he and mom are a little goofy about being on the internet for all the world to see, so I found the most incognito photo I could.

I really like your new banner of the kids. You always take the nicest photos.

janice said...

Beautiful photo's!