Friday, February 10, 2012

Toula Berry

 

Marlo and Toula are still besties.  At bedtime each night, Toula follows the kids and I upstairs.  She waits at my feet as I change the girls and ready them for teeth brushing.  She follows all of us into the bathroom and then back again into the girls room.  Thank heavens she is pretty much over the toy chewing phase.  She'll flop on the floor next to us I read books to the girls and half sleep with one eye on me as I tuck and kiss each daughter good night.  By the time I turn on the sleep sheep and lower the lights she isn't sure if she wants to listen to my voice and leave her comfy spot to exit the room.  She'll give me the look that says, "Really, really?"  Marlo will blow Toula goodnight kisses.  Sabine snuggles her blanket tighter.  We walk to Hugo's room where Cesar or I will lift Toula up onto his bed.  He snuggles her wrinkle skin and kisses her puppy mug as we begin to read our stories.  By the end of the book, Miss Toula is out like a light and heavy as a 50 pound boulder.  So different from our past Chihuahuas!  Hugo mentioned over breakfast this morning that he can't wait to be in heaven so he can see Rodrigo again... We love our pooches.  Each night as I lift Toula off the bed while preparing to leave Hugo's room, he begs for her to stay.  I promise him that soon, soon she'll be grown enough for us to trust her puppy potty skills. 



No comments: