Tuesday, February 21, 2012

President's Day Visit

 

My girlfriend Rachel came up from Louisiana for a nice long visit over Presidents Day weekend.  Our friendship spans backward eight years, to a time when we worked our tails off to help ready Bloomingdale's to open it's cosmetic doors in Soho.  She was a newly wed, while I secretly, desperately wanted to become a mother.  I've talked about all this before in an earlier post about Ms Rachel.  Anyhoo, we had the joy of being pregnant together, sharing belly tips, shopping trips and food cravings!  Rachel also visited Hugo and I in the hospital shortly after he was born and witnessed my awkward first attempts at nursing my new beautiful son.  Soon after this meeting, both our lives changed a great deal.  Besides the fact that we both became mother's, I left the City for the quiet of our house upstate, while Rachel and her small family moved to Dallas, Texas.  Our friendship has continued to blossom and grow despite the long distance, but our children had never met till this long weekend holiday.  It was nice to hear them chatter back and forth and I'd like to say that I enjoyed seeing their play, but I barely saw them at all!  We hardly ever saw the two of them at all unless there was food on the table.  At first I worried that Hugo had locked her in his room, but no, Miss Leah happily played with her new friend Hugo.  Even Marlo and Sabine quickly learned her name and followed after her. 






No comments: